Planning & Sustainablity
The Planning Division provides comprehensive urban planning and planning review services to the City of New Rochelle. The planning staff advises the Mayor and City Council on current and long-term land use and development issues, makes recommendations, and conducts studies in relation to the desirable planning and development of the City.
Functions of the Planning Division include:
- Assurance of satisfaction of conditions required for plan approval
- Comprehensive planning
- Coordination of inter-agency review, public notification, and preparation of environmental findings associated with land use projects
- Economic development
- Grant writing and administration
- Neighborhood planning
- Oversight and review of site plan, subdivision, and special permit applications to the New Rochelle Planning Board
- Special projects and research
- Waterfront planning
Policy Documents & Forms
Preventing Harmful Runoff
A new video has been posted to DEC’s YouTube channel reminding New Yorkers to “Look for the Zero”. Before buying lawn fertilizer, check the bag for a set of three numbers showing the percentage of nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium. Buy a bag with a "0" in the middle to protect our waters from harmful runoff.
Remember – it is also against NYS law to apply lawn fertilizer before April 1. Visit DEC’s Lawn Fertilizer webpage for more information.