Death Certificate Requests
Death Certificate requests in person
Only surviving spouses, children,parents and siblings of the deceased are entitled to copies of death certificates.
Death Certificate requests by mail
- The person requesting a death certificate must have current official identification:
- U.S.A. driver's license
- Proof of relationship to deceased:
- For children: long form birth certificates showing deceased parents name(s)
- For siblings: long form birth certificates showing their parents name(s)
- Attorneys representing an estate of a deceased individual may obtain copies upon providing a written letter on the law firm letterhead stating the reason for the request and enclose both the fee and a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
- Fee: $10 per copy
Only surviving spouses, parents,children of the deceased, and siblings are entitled to a death certificate. The following must be included with the request
Mail your request to:
- Name of the deceased
- Date of death
- Signature (must be notarized)
- Photo Identification: US Drivers License, MV Non- Drivers License or Passport
- Proof of Relationship to Deceased: (See proof requirements listed above)
- A stamped, self-addressed envelope
- Fee: $10 by personal check or money order made payable to the Office of Vital Records or
- Payment Option
- Certificate Application
The Office of Vital Records
515 North Ave.
New Rochelle, NY 10801
For more information, please call (914) 654-2159.