515 North Ave.
Fx: (914) 632-3626
The Planning Division provides comprehensive urban planning and planning review services to the City of New Rochelle. The planning staff advises the Mayor and City Council on current and long-term land use and development issues, makes recommendations, and conducts studies in relation to the desirable planning and development of the City.
Functions of the Planning Division include:
- Assurance of satisfaction of conditions required for plan approval
- Comprehensive planning
- Coordination of inter-agency review, public notification, and preparation of environmental findings associated with land use projects
- Economic development
- Grant writing and administration
- Neighborhood planning
- Oversight and review of site plan, subdivision, and special permit applications to the New Rochelle Planning Board
- Special projects and research
- Waterfront planning