- Business Development
- Retail Business Registration Program
Retail Business Registration Program
OverviewThe purpose of the Retail Business Registration Program is to foster the growth of local businesses, attract new businesses to the City, and to protect the health, safety and welfare of the individual and business citizens of the City of New Rochelle. Please read the Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
All retail businesses are required to enter the program and all other businesses are encouraged to register. There is no fee to register; however, failure to register by the deadline will result in a penalty of $50 per month, up to a maximum of $350. Registration is annual and in subsequent years must be completed during the month of January. New businesses must register within one month of opening.
** A NEW BUSINESS REGISTRATION SYSTEM IS AVAILABLE 1/1/22 **
Step by step instructions listed below. For more detailed instructions, click on the links below. If you have further questions, please email or call 654-2193.
TO RENEW FOR 2022 (Downloadable Instructions)
How to renew your business registration on the NEW system
- Go to https://www.citysquared.com/#/app/NewRochelleCityNY/landing using your Chrome, Firefox, or Microsoft Edge browser.
- Although the data from the old business registration has been moved, all businesses will need to create a new log-in on CitySquared the first time they access it in 2022. In the top right corner, click Login/Register.
- Complete the required information and click “Register”. Be sure to use the same email address you used for the old Business Registration system so that your previous registration information carries over.
- You will receive a confirmation email in order to create your account.
- Login with your new account information.
- Click on Dashboard on the upper left side of the screen
- Click on the Registrations section to expand it to view your previous registrations.
- Find the most recent business registration. The status will say “Expired”. Click the “Renew” button next to it
- All the information you previously completed should have been transferred to the new system. You will review the information on each of 6 steps and click Next to continue. If you need to make any updates or changes, do so on the corresponding step, click Save and then Next. Click Submit to complete the renewal. If you need to stop partway through the renewal, click Draft to save your changes.
1. Select Registration Type
- Registration Type = Business, click Next to continue
- In this system, “Tenant” means “Your Business”
- If your business is shown as a “Currently Added Tenant”, make sure that the Link Occupant to Registration box is checked. click Next to continue
- If it is not shown, enter your business name or address in the “Find Your Tenants” search. If found, click on “Add.” If not found, click “Create Tenant” and put in the business information.
- Review and update all information. Please enter your EIN number as this information will not carry over from the old system. Click Next to continue
- Review and update all information. Click Next to continue.
- You should see yourself as Primary Contact with a check next to “Is Applicant”
- You should also see a second contact listed as the Business Owner.
- You will need to add the property owner the first time you update the registration in this system. Type your business address in the Find Your Contacts search bar. Click Add on the property owner item, and leave the role as property owner. Click Save and Continue
- If you want to add another business contact, click Create Contact and add the new person. You should leave the License & Workman’s Comp sections blank. Role should be Business Contact. Click Save and Continue.
- Once this information is correct, click Next
- Complete the information about the Business Owner. Click Next
- Complete the information about the Emergency Contact. It is preferred that you provide an additional person or phone number so we can contact you in case of emergency. Click Next
- Complete the information about the Landlord for your business address. Click Next
- All businesses need to upload copies of your “proof of authorization to do business” and your current “proof of liability insurance”. Click Next
- Read the disclaimer and type your name exactly as shown to accept the disclaimer. Your name is case-sensitive. Click next
- Review to verify or update your information,
- Click Submit button at the end.
- Once submitted, you will see your registration screen with all your information. You’re done and may exit the system!
- Your application will be reviewed by City Staff. If more information is needed, you will be contacted to request the missing information. If your information is complete, your certificate will be issued and you will be notified via email. You can find your certificate anytime in the documents section your registration.
For more detailed instructions or information, see the guides below.
Applying for your Business Registration
How to apply for a new Business Registration
How to renew your Business Registration