Tropical Storm IDA Recovery
Para Español - Puede seleccionar la idioma preferido en la parte superior de la página
Residents and businesses can apply for federal financial aid through FEMA to cover flood damage from the remnants of Hurricane Ida. Submit an application here - Please make sure you are carefully documenting all damage in writing and with photographs, receipts, and other documentation.
- Disaster authorities recommend that you register for FEMA and SBA immediately. Other programs may open up in future, and registration provides you with access to future program information.
- If the adult(s) in the household are not eligible to file a FEMA claim because of citizenship status, an application can be filed if there is a minor child in the household who is a US citizen, with the adult as a co-applicant.
- FEMA Centers are open in Mamaroneck and Yonkers from 8AM to 7PM daily until further notice. Learn more.
City Updates - September 13, 2021
- The normal sanitation schedule resumes this week. All waste, including yard waste, will be picked according to the usual schedule and disposal policies available at newrochelleny.com/dpw.
- Construction and demolition debris is not ordinarily collected by the City. We are making an exception purely for storm-related damages and only on a temporary basis. If you have construction debris, to ensure it is collected, please make an appointment with DPW by calling 914-235-4654 or filling out this construction debris pick-up request form by 4:30 pm on Monday, September 13th.
- Summer collection hours have been extended through next week, so please have material to the curb by 6:00 am.
- City permits: The City will waive all electrical and plumbing permit fees for storm damage until Friday, November 5, 2021. Representatives from the Bureau of Buildings are continuing to visit impacted neighborhoods to evaluate conditions and provide information,
Visit the “Recycle Right” portal at www.newrochelleny.com/DPW for more information on how to dispose of all materials.
Download our info sheet here, available in English and Spanish.
- Are you getting our robocalls? Subscribe now for phone/text/email updates.
- General information from NYS
- Tropical Storm Ida Resources from Westchester County
- Clean up Safely- tips from CDC
- Social Services:www.211hudsonvalley.org | 211
- FEMA: FEMA.gov or disasterassistance.gov | 1-800-621-3362.
- NYS Department of Financial Services: Disaster and Flood Resource | Hotline 1-800-339-1759
- Red Cross (for Shelter):.redcross.org | 877.RED.CROSS
- County Department of Social Services: 914-995-2099
- Small Business Administration: Disaster Loan Assistance | 1-800-659-2955
FEMA Relief Funds Resources
- Fact Sheet Individual Assistance
- Fact Sheet Public Assistance Private Nonprofit Houses of Worship
- Hazard Mitigation Grant Program
- Si necesita ayuda en español, visita https://www.fema.gov/es
The Fuller Center for Housing is assisting residents with cleanups. If you need assistance, text Jim Killoran at 914-406-3357 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. To support the Fuller Center’s capacity as either a volunteer or financially, go to fullercenterny.org, call 914-636-8335, or drop off contractor bags, bleach, tools, gloves, masks and food to Fuller’s office at 659 Main Street in New Rochelle.