The City of New Rochelle’s Department of Parks and Recreation offers eligible students of Special Education a traditional summer camp experience. Campers with mild to moderate intellectual/ developmental disabilities are offered an environment to explore and showcase their ability in the safest, yet least restrictive environment deemed developmentally appropriate. Activities in the visual and performing arts, movement, fitness, games, social learning and cultural enrichment are components of the daily schedule.
Location: Albert Leonard Middle School | 25 Gerada Ln
Dates: June 26, 2023 - August 4, 2023
Hours: 8:30am - 2:30pm
Arts & Crafts, nature, dance, music, games and nutrition. Themed days, off-site trips and modified sports & fitness are also included.
Breakfast and lunch are available through the Summer Youth Nutrition program. Transportation is available in New Rochelle.
- Financial Aid Applications are available by request in the Parks & Recreation Office or by calling (914) 654-2116.
- Camp fees may be paid in cash, check, or money order. Checks made payable to City of New Rochelle-Recreation.
- Returned checks are subject to $20.00 bank fee and risk of losing registration spot. If a check is returned by the bank, all future payments must be made in cash, money order or credit card. No personal checks.
All balances must be paid in full by Friday, June 16, 2023 at 4:00pm.
Required for Registration:
- Camp Application
- Copy of Immunization Records
- $100 Down Payment -Your down payment will be held until you are notified by mail of acceptance.
Registration can be done in person or by mail:
New Rochelle Parks and Recreation
515 North Ave
New Rochelle, NY 10801
Cancellations submitted by May 24, 2023 will be refunded minus a 20% processing fee. Cancellations submitted between May 25 - June 29 will be refunded at 50%. Refund requests received on or after June 30 will not be considered.