The Department of Public Works provides and maintains the City's physical facilities through its various operations bureaus and services:
- Municipal engineering
- Traffic engineering
- Maintenance, repair and construction of sewers and drains
- Cleaning of streets and highways
- Collection and disposal of refuse and recyclable materials
- Maintenance, repair, construction, reconstruction and resurfacing of streets
- Maintenance of traffic control devices
- Installation of street lights
- Maintenance of City-owned trees
- Removal of ice and snow from public thoroughfares
- Leaf and yard waste removal and recycling
- Maintenance of City-owned buildings and structures
- Maintenance of City vehicles.
NEW ONLINE PERMIT SYSTEM COMING SOON!
We will offer a new and improved permit system. Stay tuned for more information!!
Moratorium Period for Permit Applications
During the moratorium period, no work is permitted from November 8th - January 15th on Lincoln Ave, Main St, North Ave, Huguenot St, and Pelham Rd.
No work is permitted City wide from December 1st though January 15th.
No new permits shall be issued during these time periods. Anyone working without a valid permit may be issued a summons.
Emergency work must be approved by the Commissioner of Public Works.
View the City code for more details.
The Department of Public Works reminds property owners that Fall Leaf Collection will begin on Tuesday, October 9 and conclude at the end of December. Read on...
The City’s urban forestry initiative- part of New Rochelle’s GreeNR sustainability plan- aims to increase the number of trees in New Rochelle through preservation, maintenance and an expanded tree planting program. Read on...
The Department of Public Works hosted a Truck Day event for kindergartners and first graders at Columbus Elementary School. Read on...