Tropical Storm Ida Recovery
The Department of Public Works resumes a normal sanitation schedule this week.
All waste, including yard waste, will be picked according to the usual schedule and disposal policies
NOTE: Construction debris pickups must be scheduled by 4:30 PM Monday September 13, 2021.
Comprehensive storm resources, including information about the two new FEMA recovery centers established in Westchester, are available at newrochelleny.com/idarecovery.
Effective August 16, City Hall is open by appointment only. Please call (914) 654-2130.
The Department of Public Works provides and maintains the City's physical facilities through its various operations bureaus and services:
- Municipal engineering
- Traffic engineering
- Maintenance, repair and construction of sewers and drains
- Cleaning of streets and highways
- Collection and disposal of refuse and recyclable materials
- Maintenance, repair, construction, reconstruction and resurfacing of streets
- Maintenance of traffic control devices
- Installation of street lights
- Maintenance of City-owned trees
- Removal of ice and snow from public thoroughfares
- Leaf and yard waste removal and recycling
- Maintenance of City-owned buildings and structures
- Maintenance of City vehicles.
ONLINE PERMIT SYSTEM
Moratorium Period for Permit Applications
During the moratorium period, no work is permitted from November 8th - January 15th on Lincoln Ave, Main St, North Ave, Huguenot St, and Pelham Rd.
No work is permitted City wide from December 1st though January 15th.
No new permits shall be issued during these time periods. Anyone working without a valid permit may be issued a summons.
Emergency work must be approved by the Commissioner of Public Works.
View the City code for more details.
Yard Waste Collection Ends Oct. 29
'Stronger Together” is the theme of this year’s National Public Works Week, celebrating the value of public works professionals nationally and locally in the City of New Rochelle.
City of New Rochelle launches new Recycle Right Westchester app and interactive recycling and sanitation collection website, joins other Westchester communities in digital advancement for Public Works