- Business Development
- Itinerant Vendor
A person or entity who or which sells goods, wares and merchandise, or other items, at a special event, from various locations on public streets or sidewalks in the City, or in a City park pursuant to an additional permit issued under City Code Chapter 224.7.
Hours of operation: 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Vendors shall not sell any confectionery, Ice Cream, soft drinks or other food within 250 feet of any school between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. on school days. Applicant must move cart or truck at least one city block every 1/2 hour. Failure of compliance can result in fines and or revoked license. All vendors must be of the age of 18 and above.
- It shall be unlawful for any person to act as a vendor without first having obtained a license from the Department of Development.
- Applicant must complete Itinerant Vendors with the requested documentation:
- Original signed, completed and notarized application (with raised seal or stamp)
- 2 Passport-sized photos
- Proof of liability insurance with the City of New Rochelle listed as additional insured, plus endorsements from an insurance company licensed to do business in the State of New York.
- Certificate of insurance (Acord form) showing coverage of not less than $1,000,000 per occurrence for bodily injury and property damage, including blanket contractual liability and all broad form comprehensive general liability enhancements.
- The certificate shall name as additional insured the City of New Rochelle, and state that such insurance shall be primary and non-contributory to any insurance held by the City.
- Endorsement page(s) evidencing the insurance
- Copy of vehicle registration and insurance
- Copy of driver's license for applicant and optional additional attendant
- Copy of Westchester County Dept. of Health permit to operate a Mobile Food Service Establishment
- Check or money order payable to City of New Rochelle
- Fees: License $225
- Plates/Badges $50
- Total Fees: $275
- Term of Licenses: All licenses shall be issued for the period of one (1) year, said period starting on January 1, and terminating December 31, of the same year.
- All Fixed Location and Itinerant Vendors must display their License Plates that were issued with their license.
- All applicants must be 18 years of age and above.
- All Vending permits are not transferable to any other persons.
- Vendors shall not create or maintain any booth or stand or place barrels, boxes, crates, tables, chairs or other obstructions upon any street, public place or sidewalks for the purpose of selling their merchandise.
- Full information at Code Chapter 235.
Upon satisfactory compliance with all the provisions of said license. A license shall be issued without fee, to veterans or widows of veterans holding a license from the County Clerk of Westchester County, pursuant to Section 32 of the General Business Law. The waiver of the fee shall not apply to the payment of the highest bid in the event of auction of a fixed location.
Penalties for Offenses:
An offense against the provisions of this article shall be punishable by a fine of not more that $250 or by imprisonment for not more than 15 days or both. Each day that a violation continues shall be deemed a separate violation.