White Plains, NY) – As we know, there are multiple confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Westchester County. Westchester County is collaborating with local, state and federal officials to ensure a coordinated response to protect the public. Due to concerns surrounding the spread of COVID-19 in Westchester County, the following actions are being taken:
- All Westchester County Board and Commission meetings have been suspended until further notice. In lieu of an in-person meeting, Commissioners, Directors and Board Leaders may hold a telephone conference call.
- Glen Island Park is closed to the public. Glen Island Harbour Club remains open for events.
- With authorization from the State Commission on Corrections, the following precautionary measures are being taken at the Westchester County Jail:
- In-person visitation for family and friends has been suspended.
- Residents will still be allowed in-person legal visits, and the ability to telephone or video visit (skype).
- All volunteers have been suspended from coming into the jail.
NOTE: At this time, no one who has tested positive for COVID-19 is in custody.
The following Westchester County events have also been postponed:
Department of Community Mental Health CODA Youth Summit, March 12
WOW Conversations, March 13
Friends of Marshlands Annual Meeting, March 15
Airport Master Plan Public Open House, March 19
For the latest information from the CDC on COVID-19 in Westchester County, visit WestchesterGov.com