Elected officials and community and environmental leaders joined together for a Virtual Forum on Thursday, April 11. The event is organized by the City of New Rochelle’s Energy Conservation Advisory Committee and Ecology & Natural Resources Advisory Committee with Sustainable Westchester. Topics included:
· Sustainable Cafeterias- A proposed pilot project for the City School District would end single use plastics and help our schools go green.
· EnergySmart Homes- Cleaner ways to heat and cool our homes, access vetted energy efficiency experts and get simplified financing, including rebates and subsidies.
· Community Solar- Save 10% on your monthly utility bills without adding any panels to your own home through this new program through Sustainable Westchester.
· GridRewards- This Demand Response program through Con Edison will pay you to reduce electricity at peak demand times.
· Sustainable Landscapes- Mow and rake less by transforming your lawn from a green carpet to a landscape of native plants home to helpful pollinators - bees, birds and butterflies.
“The Ecology and Natural Resources Advisory committee is proud of the GreeNR achievements our City has accomplished to date and we look forward to building on these successes and increasing community participation,” said ENRAC Chair Jessica Schuler.
Watch the forum