New Rochelle’s Department of Public Works annual schedule and information booklet is now available online at NewRochelleNY.com/DPW. The 2022 DPW booklet has been mailed citywide to all homes. The 2022 Information Booklet contains an easy-to-read flyer on recyclables along with important contact information for each bureau, guidelines on fall leaf and spring yard waste collections, stormwater management, sewer backups and more.
As a digital alternative, the department’s Recycle Right online tool and app features a customized schedule for each address along with a “Recyclopedia” on how to best dispose of household items.
“Our annual brochure contains essential guidelines for the public to follow, to assist us in keeping New Rochelle clean and green,” said Commissioner Jim Moran. “And, our Recycle Right online portal and phone app helps residents and businesses create a personalized collection for their specific address.”
Commissioner Moran emphasized the following safety reminders:
- Watch their backs! Put garbage and recycling in cans no larger than 32 gallons and weighing no more than 75 lbs.
- “Slow Down to Get Around”. New York State’s ‘do not pass’ law protects the crews working in the street, especially those collecting. Please be mindful of this responsibility and do not pass a vehicle while the yellow lights are engaged.
The end of year collection schedule is as follows:
- Wednesday, December 29- Garbage/Paper North
- Thursday, December 30- Garbage/Paper South
- Friday, December 31- Holiday (NEW YEARS DAY OBSERVED) - No Collection
- Normal collection will resume the week of January 3. Christmas trees can be placed curbside until February 5.
For information regarding the DPW book call the Department of Public Works at 654-2130.