The Department of New Rochelle Parks and Recreation is gearing up for their annual Fun in the Sun summer programming for local youth. This year, due to the receding pandemic, programs will return to school facilities. Registration opens on Wednesday, March 9 at 9AM and is on a first come, first served basis.
The following specialty interest camps are being offered:
- Kiddie Kamp - at Columbus School for ages 3 to 5 (July 5 – August 12)
- Half-day camp for children ages 3 to 5 years old (third birthday by July 2, 2022). Children will be grouped by developmental compatibility to support participation in activities promoting socialization, physical education, language development, and fun!
- Ready, Set, Camp! - at Jefferson or Ward Elementary schools for youngsters that have completed K-5th grade (July 5- August 12)
- Full-day camp program features sessions in arts and crafts, group games, sports, music, performances, performing arts, hiking and other fun activities. Camp-wide special events, BBQ days, waterplay, and themed days are scheduled throughout the season along with an end-of-season talent show. Lunch and snacks will be provided through the Youth Nutrition Program. Four day trips are included.
- Camp N.O.W. - at New Rochelle High School for students graduating 5th, 6th, or 7th grade (June 27 – August 5)
- Four-hour camp program meeting Monday - Thursday (2 trips on 3 Fridays) features a variety of sports, passive and active games, the arts, STEAM, and special pre-teen themed activities.
- Camp Joy - at Albert Leonard Middle School for current Special Education students ages 5 to 21 with mild to moderate intellectual/developmental disability (June 27-August 5)
- Campers with mild to moderate intellectual/developmental disabilities are offered an environment to explore and showcase their ability in the safest yet least restrictive environment deemed developmentally appropriate. Activities in the visual and performing arts, movement, fitness, games, social learning and cultural enrichment are components of the daily schedule.
All activities will follow current COVID safety protocol.
Applications can be downloaded and dropped off with payment at the office of Parks & Recreation at 515 North Ave.- rear entrance. Visit www.NewRochelleNY.com/FunintheSun for more information or contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org and (914) 654-2087.