Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
On June 27th, 2023, at about 2:30pm, New Rochelle Police responded to a Lafayette Avenue home on a report of a tenant acting erratically. The first officers on scene encountered the suspect who began to throw unfired bullets at the officers saying he was in possession of a gun. New Rochelle Police Critical Incident Unit and Detective personnel responded to assist. The suspect locked himself in his apartment but soon thereafter Officers were able to take him into custody without incident. Detectives were able to obtain a search warrant for the apartment and located a compact 9mm handgun as well as approximately 120 ounces of suspected cocaine. While conducting the search warrant, a roommate of the suspect entered the apartment via a fire escape window and was also taken into custody without incident.
Jose Albino-Henriquez, 33 years of age, of New Rochelle, NY:
Charged with NYS Penal Law Sections:
• 265.03 Criminal Possession of a Weapon 2nd Degree – C Felony
• 220.18 Criminal Possession Controlled Substance 2nd Degree – A-II Felony
• 220.16 Criminal Possession Control Substance 3rd Degree – B Felony
• 215.50 Criminal Contempt 2nd Degree – A Misdemeanor (2 counts)
Jose Novoa-Oliveros, 33 years of age, of New Rochelle, NY:
• 265.02 Criminal Possession of a Weapon 3rd Degree – D Felony
• 195.05 Obstruction of Governmental Administration 2nd Degree – A misdemeanor