News Flash Home
The original item was published from 1/22/2013 1:06:22 PM to 1/6/2014 12:05:01 AM.

News Flash

Green Tips

Posted on: February 11, 2013

[ARCHIVED] Green Tip of the Week No. 149

Radon occurs naturally from the decay of uranium in the soil and can accumulate to dangerous levels inside the home. Elevated levels of the colorless, odorless gas are the leading cause of lung cancer among non-smokers. Test your home’s radon level by getting a radon test kit for $8.50 from the New York State Department of Health. Call 1-800-458-1158 or visit the web site at

Facebook Twitter Email